Fish Tales And Bram Stoker's Dracula Leave The Barncade

I mentioned in my 2022 Year in Review post that I would be making some changes to my lineup this year. Well, the first chips have fallen and both Fish Tales and Bram Stoker's Dracula have left the Barncade. The Munsters LE will be the next to leave, and then Popeye will go after I finish shopping it out.

These are the first games that have departed since I got rid of Junk Yard back in 2013. Fish Tales was a pretty easy decision - I've played lots of games on it, I can find it on location pretty easily, and I didn't have much invested in it. The game will be going into an arcade on the Oregon Coast, so I will make a trip there in the future to see how it's holding up and check out the location, which I have never been to.

Getting rid of Dracula - well, that was a bit trickier to move on from. Back in June of 2019 I had posted photos of a repaint that my roommate Kelly did on the Dracula castle, buildings, and graveyard. With Kelly passing 2 years ago, it was really tough to let this game go, as I felt that he put a part of himself into that repaint - check out the attached photo that shows the detail he put into the rocks on the roof!

Look at the paint detail!

In the end, though, I had to let it go. I'm trying to become less attached to my physical possessions, I've seen pretty much everything the game has to offer, and like Fish Tales it's pretty easy to find on location if I feel like playing it in the future. In addition, I have several other things that Kelly painted, and Dracula went to a good home where the new owner was thrilled to have Kelly's craftmanship in the game and said it would never leave.

So I am currently down to 12 games, and when The Munsters and Popeye leave, it will be 10 games. However, I'm working on acquiring a Rush Premium with topper and expression lights later this year. I'll be excited to add Rush, and since it's pretty much a certainty that Harry Potter is going to be made, I will need to leave room (and money) for acquiring it. Although Deadpool is a great game, I really want a Mandalorian, so Deadpool probably won't happen, but never say never.

Coming soon I'll be talking about Harry Potter and The Fast and the Furious, the mods I've installed in Godzilla and my thoughts on the controversial Stern topper I was able to obtain, (with more mods on the way). I'll have a post about the shop job on Popeye, and one about fixing a couple of lingering issues on White Water. Additionally, I'll recap a recent visit to Seattle, where I played a couple of games at my sister's in-laws, as well as a couple of new locations I checked out, with my initial impressions of several of the new releases I was able to get a few games on.

Comments