The Munsters Leaves the Barncade

The Great Lineup Change of 2023 continues for me, with The Munsters LE leaving the Barncade. Previously Fish Tales and Bram Stoker's Dracula departed. With The Munster gone, I'm now at 11 games total. Now either Popeye or Stern Pirates of the Caribbean will be the next to leave.


The Munsters was, for me, an easy game to part with. It wasn't necessarily a rules problem - a lot of people don't like the rules - unlike others, I felt the last code updates added some cool new modes like Midnight Madness and Munster Madness. This was simply a decision based on theme. My roommate Kelly's desire was to have a monster-themed collection. Now that he has passed on, I'm starting to remake the lineup by dumping games I'm less enamored with, and acquiring games I really like. I've only got so much time left on this earth, and not much of that time remaining will involve having reflexes that will be quick enough to react to a fast-moving ball instead of getting smoked by it (that happens way too much already).


The Munsters was a beautiful machine, and I thought the lower playfield was pretty cool. But I got a bit tired of the laugh track, which began to grate on me more and more, and I kind of got bored with the shots. There are other John Borg designed games that I like shooting better such as Metallica and Rush. Plus I was never really a huge The Munsters fan. Maybe if I had grown up with it, like I did with Godzilla, I'd have more of an attachment. Essentially, it was time to move it on to someone who will appreciate it more.

As I mentioned before, I'm working on acquiring a Rush Premium with a topper and expression lights. Some other modern games that I really like that I'd consider adding:

The Mandalorian

Deadpool

Iron Maiden

Ghostbusters

AC/DC

James Bond 007

Houdini

All these titles are in play, and ultimately, availability and price may be the deciding factors.

As I've mentioned previously, in new posts coming soon I'll be talking about rumors and dream themes, the mods I've installed in Godzilla, and my thoughts on the controversial Stern topper I was able to obtain, (with more mods on the way). I'll also have a post about the shop job on Popeye, one about fixing a couple of lingering issues on White Water, and a home-made topper I'm working on for Scared Stiff.

Comments