Cabinet Inspiration

So I'm continuing software configuration for the virtual pinball machine, very tedious but I should be done by the end of the week. Which means it's time to start thinking about the cabinet.

Most people who are putting their cabinets together have decided to go with custom artwork on the side. It all looks great, and makes the virtual pinball machine almost indistinguishable from a real one. I had some ideas on how I initially wanted my artwork to look. I wanted my cabinet to be different, awe-inspiring even, but I hadn't put a lot of thought into it yet.

Then, one day as I was searching the internet for MAME controls, one of the resulting Google links took me to a site called the Steampunk Workshop, where I witnessed something truly amazing: a steampunk MAME cabinet. Here are a few pictures:





Now THAT is simply amazing! And absolutely what I'm going for...kind of a cross between mad scientist, Jules Verne, and Bioshock. I'm not sure if I'll rust mine or make it shiny & new, but I have lots of ideas now about where my cabinet is going. It should be incredible, so stay tuned for more details...

Comments