More Steampunk Materials for Virtual Pinball

Due to some unforeseen work required on my house, and some beautiful weather lately that calls for spending time outdoors, I haven't had much time to work on the Virtual Pinball Machine. I have been drawing up diagrams and should be able to post those soon. I also eliminated the use of some materials such as the Weeden Steam Engine and the Model T Buzz Coil, which will be funneled to other steampunk projects. Also, I'm not sure if the gyroscope will also be incorporated into the design yet.

In the meantime, here are some other parts that will be incorporated into the machine:


A knife switch in beautiful condition, with the fuses still attached. Electrically, I'm not comfortable with having exposed metal conducting current. Instead, it will actually be the door & handle that opens up on the front panel, and allows access to the inside parts.

Here we have a "smart" power strip. This has a "always hot" outlet than detects when the power of the device is turned on. When this happens, it switches on the other outlets as well.

Some valve handles that will be repainted and used with copper pipes...

Finally, the guts of an old Crosby radio. I will dismantle the face and incorporate the tubes into a visual function - they won't actually do anything except glow and look pretty.

Comments