About This Site


Welcome to Pinball Intrigue, where I indulge my fascination with the silver ball. Here you will find posts regarding my pinball experiences, pinball machine repairs and mods, a virtual pinball build, and links to other pinball sites.

Search This Blog

Friday, October 12, 2012

The Virtual Pinball Cabinet Takes Shape


Here are some great photos of the cabinet with the veneer applied. I was fortunate to have the help of my friend Andrew, a custom cabinet builder who did much of the work in getting the veneer on. He then routed the holes for the flippers and the front panel. To the left is a photo of the cabinet, and the image to the right is the backbox. No more Lethal Weapon 3 graphics! I think it turned out great...



The next step is to do some light sanding. Then I'll make a trip to Woodcrafters and see if I can find a stain that appeals to my sense of color. I had bought a fruitwood stain some time ago but it turned out a little too orange and I'm looking for more of a reddish color. Progress has been made!

No comments:

Post a Comment