Updated Links, and a New Feature: Link Profiles

I have added a new feature on the sidebar called "My Favorite Pinball Links". These links take you to everything from build and repair blogs to sites of current manufacturers. Each week I'll look more closely at one of my linked sites to highlight them.

This week, in Profile #1 I'd like to talk about Pinball Magazine. I wasn't sure whether or not I would enjoy the magazine, but I decided to take the plunge. I'm glad I did! The interview with Roger Sharpe was long, detailed, and fascinating. For the better part of a week I dove into reading it, and it's a real treat. The highlights for me involved Roger playing in front of city officials in order to save pinball, and also his time and contact with others in the industry, especially in the Bally/Williams days in the 80s and 90s. If I have one regret in life, it's that I didn't seek out work in the pinball industry when I left high school (I headed for the military instead). By the time I was out of the military, pinball was dying a slow death. It may not have been a lucrative, long-term career, but it would have been fun!

If you haven't yet picked up the magazine and are a fan of pinball history, you've got to read the magazine. I'm looking forward to issue #2!

Comments