Shopping White Water Part 5: Conclusion

In this final post about shopping White Water, I wanted to list everything that I worked on or changed. It's quite a list!

  • New Mirco playfield
  • All new rubbers (white)
  • All new plastic posts
  • All new ramps except for Insanity Falls
  • All new mountains
  • All new coils
  • All new plastics
  • Cleaned all metal parts, replaced broken or fatigued parts
  • Installed LED kit from Pinball Bulbs
  • Cleaned all stand up targets
  • Cleaned Bigfoot
  • Installed new flippers
  • Installed color DMD
  • Installed Rottendog Power Driver Board
  • Waxed playfield
  • Installed new remote battery pack
  • Rebuilt pop bumpers
  • Reflowed bad solder joints
  • Installed green target protectors
  • Cleaned wiring harnesses
  • Cleaned cabinet interior
  • Installed new start button
  • Installed new accessory outlet (was missing)
  • Installed secondary power supply
  • Installed lighted flipper buttons
  • Installed Cliffys (including upper playfield VUK)
  • Installed mylar pieces
  • Installed (watch for drop" sign on Insanity Falls
  • Installed left outlane guide decal (covers bare metal guide)
  • Installed new Pyle speakers and subwoofer
Not yet installed:
  • 3-D Translite
  • Skull Mountain
  • Back mountain LED strips
  • LED spotlights
  • Bigfoot hotfoot light kit (lights up Bigfoot, lights up red during hotfoot)
This thing is now absolutely gorgeous. I took the best photo I could after playing a game and getting grand champion (River Master), but without the new translite installed (I can't find the damn thing!) there's a lot of reflection from the backbox lights. There's a bit too much blue at the top so I will be swapping the blue for cool whites. Still, I think you can idea of how it looks now...


It's finally great to have a fully functioning machine again! I added the secondary power supply to prevent resets, and used it to power the lighted flipper buttons and the Hotfoot light mod. This was my first playfield swap and I learned a lot...in other words, I learned from my mistakes. I applied that learning to my next playfield swap, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, but that is a story for another day...

Comments